1. Jeff Gordon- Jeff Gordon has defiantly had some success at Kansas Speedway. He won this race last year, and he has 3 wins at Kansas. This will be his 19th start at Kansas Speedway driving for Hendrick Motorsports in the #24 Chevrolet. He has 10 top 5's and 12 top 10's! Considering that this is his last season I feel that he will be even more aggressive and more determined to be the first one to the checkered flag!
2. Matt Kenseth- This weekend will be Kenseth's 5th start at Kansas Speedway driving for Joe Gibbs Racing. He has 2 wins at Kansas. One of them is with Roush Fenway Racing and the other one is with Joe Gibbs Racing. Kenseth captured the pole and took the checked flag at Kansas for his first race at Kansas driving for Joe Gibbs Racing.
3. Jimmie Johnson- Even though Jimmie Johnson only has 2 wins at Kansas Speedway, he has still has had plenty of success at Kansas. He has led an impressive total of 586 laps at that track! Talk about skills! He also has also captured 3 poles at Kansas! I'm excited to see what he will do this weekend!
4. Tony Stewart- I feel that Tony Stewart is eager to be back in victory lane considering the last time he visited victory lane was back in 2013 at Dover International Speedway and also all of the obstacles he has ran into the past few years. Stewart has 2 wins out of 17 races at Kansas Speedway. He also has 6 top 5's and 9 top 10's. This just might be his weekend!
5. Danica Patrick- Danica is already off to a great start this season with 2 top 10's with her new crew chief, Daniel Knost. GoDaddy recently announced that this would be their last season sponsoring the #10 Stewart Haas Racing Chevrolet. I really feel that this makes her want to push harder for a win. I feel that she could defiantly grab another top 10 or even a top 5 this weekend at Kansas Speedway!
Catch the race Saturday May 9th at 7:30 PM ET on FOXSports1
Follow my blog on Twitter (@AroundTrack) & Instagram (@AroundTheTrack)
Until Next Time, Taylor Smith